Many people get anxious or fearful when making decisions regarding how to manage a career or business. Whether it’s deciding what direction is profitable for a career or business, people all want to make the right decisions to get the best possible outcome.
Stanley Popovich, author of “A Layman’s Guide to Managing Fear,” offers 7 suggestions on how to make the best decisions and to get the best possible outcomes regarding careers and businesses.
- Get all of the facts and necessary information to make the right decision. This is important because people do not want to miss critical information that could make a difference in their career or business decision.
- Determine the expected results. Knowing expected result is half the battle because this will determine the kinds of choices to make while reviewing all of information gathered.
- Get advice from friends. Ask friends and relatives on what they think you should do. These people can give additional insights that may be overlooking.
- Don’t be afraid to make a mistake. If the wrong decision is made, then the next step is to learn from mistakes and go from there. Do not let fears get the best in the decision-making process.
- Always follow the heart. Listening and following the gut can sometimes be the difference between success and failure. Always do what might be the best at the time.
- Do not be in a rush. If you feel stressed, then get some fresh air or do something fun to help relax. This will make it easier to make the right decision regarding a career or business.
- Always have a back-up plan. Be flexible and have a “Plan B” if something doesn’t work out according to the goals.