Alien Skin Software today announced the release of Exposure X4, the latest version of their award-winning RAW photo editor and organizer. Exposure is a non-destructive photo editor that enables photographers to create beautiful images and complete their full workflow. It is a subscription-free solution that is the choice of today’s most accomplished creative photographers.
Improved shadow and highlight recovery enables photographers to extract the maximum amount of detail from their RAW images, and faster photo processing times speed up their editing.
Photographers now have complete control of the placement and rotation of Exposure’s high-quality light effects. This makes it possible to precisely place natural-looking effects like sun rays and light leaks in an image, enabling gorgeous new creative looks.
The new transform tools enable photographers to easily correct tilted or skewed perspective, such as keystoning of buildings in architectural photography.
The addition of monitored folders for tethered shooting is great news for studio photographers, who can now edit, cull, and share images from Exposure during a shoot.
Smart collections make use of Exposure’s robust metadata handling to automatically populate collections based on camera metadata and criteria that photographers specify. Keywords, ratings, folder location, and shutter speed are among the metadata that Exposure can query to build a smart collection. This helps to automate the process of image organization, enabling photographers to focus on creative choices.
Exposure’s already considerable speed gets a boost with several ways: file exports are now up to 60% faster, image rendering is up to 30% faster, and launch times have been reduced by a third.
Additional enhancements include the following:
- New print presets for standard paper sizes, making it easy to print photos directly from Exposure
- A Lightroom migration tool that brings Lightroom organizational metadata such as keywords and ratings into Exposure, helping those who want to use existing photo libraries with Exposure
- Ability to inspect RGB values at any position in a photo, for accurate color correction and color grading
- Expanded workflow options for image copying and exporting
- Support for additional cameras and lenses, including popular models from Fujifilm, Canon, Sigma, Sony, Nikon, and Olympus
“Exposure continues to grow, with Exposure X4 giving photographers more creative control over their edits, and enabling them to achieve the very best quality possible from their RAW files,” said Alien Skin CEO Finley Lee. “It’s the fastest, most intuitive way for photographers to create beautiful images.”