That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for beauty. Internationally acclaimed makeup tool brand, Real Techniques®, is proud to announce its first ever successful space mission to celebrate the launch of the latest limited-edition collection, Brush Crush[TM] Volume 2.
Working with the ‘near space experts’ Sent Into Space, Real Techniques® launched its latest galaxy-inspired collection from Earth on the 1 August at 10:24 BST using an enormous helium-filled balloon. The brushes ascended at a rate of 5 metres per second for 116 minutes and travelled to an incredible altitude of 36,338 metres, with 19,000 metres being the official point that marks the boundary of near space. Real Techniques is happy to report that there were in fact traces of beauty junkies in space!
Sent Into Space confirmed that the galactic-themed brushes are “the first makeup brushes ever to be sent into space“, flying up over four times the height of Mount Everest; above 99 per cent of the Earth‘s atmosphere by mass; and being exposed to temperatures of -57c at peak altitude, before landing back near Thorne, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom and being retrieved by the Sent Into Space team.
Inspired by a lunar colour palette of icy silver and ombre violet hues, the new Brush Crush[TM]Volume 2 collection features the following beauty tools that were involved on the pioneering voyage:
- 300 Powder Brush (RRP £12.99) The arched shape of this powder brush makes for perfect powder application
- 301 Foundation Brush (RRP £12.99) The rounded buffing brush is ideal for both cream and liquid foundation
- 302 Blush Brush (RRP £12.99) The tapered tip of the blush brush allows for concentrated blush application
- 304 Fan Brush (RRP £12.99) The delicately cut fibres allow for diffused powder application
- 305 Shadow Brush (RRP £9.99) The softly tapered shadow brush guarantees a seamless blend
- 306 Kabuki Brush (RRP £16.99) The large rounded head easily sweeps bronzers and highlighters across the face, neck and décolletage
- Cosmic Sponge Duo (RRP £9.99) The multi-faceted design works on multiple areas of the face